Every morning I just check over the garden to see what's new - there are always grape tomatoes to pick. Today there was a ripe large tomato and a few green beans and two zucchinis.
Steamed Green Beans with Lemony Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chives or green onion with green top, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil or safflower oil
In a small bowl combine parsley, lemon juice, yogurt, and chives. Set bowl on a wet towel to avoid slippage. Add oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly until vinaigrette is blended. Chill.
Steamed Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans, leave whole
- 1/2 cup red pepper, cut into julienne strips
Wash green beans and remove the stem end only, leave whole. Steam or blanch green beans for 3 minutes. Toss with julienne red pepper. Toss green beans and red peppers with enough vinaigrette to coat vegetables, about 1/3 cup. Serve warm. Leftover vinaigrette can be used as a salad dressing. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.